Powermatic Model 201HH, 22" Planer, 7-1/2HP, 1Ph, 230V, with Helical Head with 20 of HH Inserts for Replacements - FREE SHIPPING
- Helical cutterhead with knife inserts provides smoother, quieter cutting and finer finish than conventional systems
- Cast iron 1300-pound construction for solid performance without vibration
- 2 feed speeds - 20/30 fpm - accommodates rough and fine finish work
- Segmented infeed roller with sectional chipbreaker allows multiple board planning
- Roller bearing-mounted feed rollers for long life
SHELIX-I: (10) Inserts for SHELIX Cutterhead 1791212 Most woodworkers know that a shear cut is far better than a straight cut. They also know that a shearing cut produces a superior finish and is much quieter during operation. The Byrd Shelix cutterhead addresses each of these through the use of spiral staggered knives that are shear cut. Each individual cutter head is sharpened on four sides allowing for indexing. If you happen to plane a nail or staple, it is not necessary to replace knives the full length of your planer head. Replace the 2 or 3 small knives that were affected and you are ready to get back to work.